Supplier Sustainability and Social Responsibility Program
Cargo Services Far East Limited is committed to acquiring services and products from suppliers and teaming up with business partners that share our commitment to quality, innovation, sustainability, social responsibility and customer satisfaction. Creating a sustainable supply base and deploying environmentally-preferable business practices are critical to our long-term success and growth.
Our strategic plan includes a focus on implementing responsible internal sourcing policies and practices, as well as, promoting the sustainability and social responsibility of our global supply base. Key focus areas include:
- Responsible Sourcing: We incorporate sustainability into the strategic sourcing process for services and develop environmentally-preferable sourcing policies for the procurement of services and goods that protect the environment and human health.
- Supplier Performance and Risk Management: We monitor and assess the business and operational performance of our global supply base and implement sourcing practices that will enable us to find the right services and right business partners to provide the services required by our customers.
- Product Stewardship and Material Compliance: We support corporate environmental objectives to create more environmentally-friendly services and products; and, support domestic and international objectives that reduce or eliminate the use of hazardous substances and other chemicals of concern.
- Safe and Hygienic Working Conditions: A safe and hygienic working environment shall be provided. Adequate steps shall be taken to prevent accidents and injury to health arising out of, associated with, or occurring in the course of work, by minimising, so far as is reasonably practicable, the causes of hazards inherent in the working environment.
- No Child Labour: There should not be any recruitment of child labour.
- Reasonable Working Hours: Working hours must comply with national laws and benchmark industry standards, whichever affords greater protection to the workers.
- Payment of Living Wages: Wages and benefits paid for a standard working week must meet, at a minimum, national legal standards or industry benchmark standards, whichever is higher. In any event, wages should always be enough to meet basic needs of the workers and their families and to provide some discretionary income.
Responsible Sourcing and Supplier Sustainability Policy
All sourcing and procurement professionals that have source selection responsibilities are encouraged to procure services and goods that have a reduced negative impact on the environment and human health and the society; and to identify and utilize suppliers that meet certain category-specific environmentally-preferable standards, where applicable and commercially appropriate. Sourcing professionals are also required to incorporate sustainability into the strategic sourcing process and to utilize all available tools and resources to support this effort.
Cargo Services Far East Limited also expects its suppliers to share in this same commitment by executing business practices that preserve and protect the environment, contribute to the social well-being of the communities in which they do business and have operations, and demonstrate accountability and transparency in sustainability performance. The suppliers of Cargo Services Far East Limited are encouraged to continuously deliver price competitive and environmentally-sound services and goods that assist Cargo Services Far East Limited in achieving its sustainable sourcing objectives.
Cargo Services Far East Limited will also comply with all local, state, and federal regulations designed to protect the environment and human health of the society where it work at.